From 11 to 12 December 2023, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the United Nations Global Compact (UN Global Compact) are co-hosting the Private Sector Forum on the margins of the tenth session of the Conference of the States Parties (CoSP) to the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) in Atlanta, United States of America.
At the Private Sector Forum, participants will:
- Take stock of milestones achieved since the adoption of the UN Convention against Corruption and Principle Ten of the UN Global Compact, and examine their relevance today.
- Shape the global business integrity agenda based on discussions of common challenges, trends, innovative solutions and priorities in the field of governance and anti-corruption.
- Explore how to further leverage the Collective Action approach to drive impact across the 2030 Agenda and strengthen the ecosystem in which companies operate.
- Determine effective measures States can adopt to incentivize compliance, while ensuring misconduct is sanctioned, and how the private sector can contribute to this endeavour.
- Analyse how a company’s commitment to integrity can be best demonstrated and, in turn, assessed by investors, customers and regulators, through ESG reporting and other mechanisms.