The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
- Making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
- Facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
DutiesDepending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Learn more about different teams you could join in the Global Compact!
Duration and Period
Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
- Winter: January to March (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter)
- Spring: April to June (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter)
- Summer: July to September (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
- Fall: October to December (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
NOTE: The UN New York offices are partially physically closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. Please do NOT plan or initiate any travel or report to UNHQ until you are told to report in writing. We also ask that you be prepared to work remotely for the duration of your internship if our offices remain physically closed to non-essential workers.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria for internships with UN headquarters.
How to Apply
Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact must submit an online application via at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
The New York Global Compact Internship Job Opening is: 167411. Applications will be accepted from 22 November 2021 to 15 January 2022. To directly access this application and apply now, please CLICK HERE.
With the aim of creating a more diverse workforce, due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting candidates on as wide a geographical basis as possible.