- Time period
- January 2002 – December 2002
Bayer communicates with stakeholders on sustainable development and implementation of the Global Compact principles through its Corporate Social Responsibility website (http://www.bayer.com/about_bayer/social_responsibility/page1184.htm).
The website contains a page dedicated to the companys communication on progress in implementing the Global Compact Principles (http://www.bayer.com/about_bayer/social_responsibility/global_compact/page1188.htm) and includes a statement from Werner Wenning, Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayer AG, publicly expressing his support of the Global Compact (see http://www.bayer.com/page1813.htm).
The Sustainable Development section of the website highlight the companys Sustainable Development Reports (http://www.sd.bayer.com/).
Transparency is addressed in the Corporate Governance section of Bayers website (http://www.bayer.com/about_bayer/corporate_governance/transparency/page1322.htm).
The Corporate Social Responsibility website explains that CSR initiatives and programs are carefully chosen and managed in cooperation with Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) that are prepared to work by mutual agreement to solve specific problems.
- Principles covered
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Principle 2 - Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Principle 3 - Businesses should uphold freedom of association & effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Principle 5 - The effective abolition of child labour
- Principle 6 - Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Principle 7 - Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Principle 8 - Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Principle 9 - Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies